Monday, February 26, 2007

Launchy


Today, I'm going to do something that I've never done before: I'm going to write a post that has nothing to do with Macs (sort of). Technically I can do that you know, this is a technology blog and tech includes more than Apple...right?

So as I was browsing the Intertubes today, I learned(with the help of The Apple Blog) about a newly developed Windows program called Launchy. Launchy is an open-source program that, as far as I'm concerned, does the best job of emulating Tiger's Spotlight application and Blacktree's Quicksilver functionality for Windows users.

Unlike Google Desktop Search, which I've also tried out on my PC, this app really is super fast. It also has great features over GDS, like seamless integration with Wikipedia, Amazon, IMDB, and other sites.

So, for you people that have to use Windows once in a while but feel like you;re losing all your Mac productivity, give it a try and tell me what you think in the comments.

No comments: